email address: email@example.com website: https://www.facebook.com/al.gatmaitan
Educational Background and Training:
Vocal Coach: Juilliard trained, mezzo soprano Clarissa Ocampo
Music and Performing Musical Arts Profession
New York University Steinhardt School of Music, Summer Program 2014 New York, United States of America
Conservatory of Music, Major in Voice
(Madrigal Scholarship Grant) 2010-2012 University of Santo Tomas, Manila Philippines
Awards and Achievements:
ALIW Awards 2015 Best Male Classical Performer
Nominations: ALIW Awards 2015 Best Featured Actor in a Musical for Huling Lagda ni Apolinario Mabini
ALIW Awards 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 Best Male Classical Performer
Gawad Buhay 2012 Best Actor in a Musical for Noli Me Tangere
Karaoke World Champion (Philippines) Male Category 2010
First Filipino European Pop Song Festival (Second Place) Reggio Calabria, Italy 2006
Theatre & Opera Productions:
TITLE : Hart, Rodgers and Hammerstein
ROLE : Singer
TYPE OF SHOW/ PRODUCTION : Cabaret
PRODUCTION/ PLACE : One Night Stand/ 12 Monkeys Manila
DATE : January 2016
TITLE : Dorothy
ROLE : Geoffrey Wilder
TYPE OF SHOW/ PRODUCTION : Comic Opera (Cellier)
PRODUCTION/ PLACE : College of Music UP Diliman, Q.C.
DATE : 2015-12-06
Television : ABS-CBN 2
Concerts & Corporate Shows :
Probinsyano; Pasion de Amor; Walang Iwanan; Nathaniel; Flordeliza; Oh My G!; Be Careful With My Heart; May Bukas Pa; Budoy; Tanging Yaman; Saan Darating Ang Umaga; Umagang Kay Ganda
Television : GMA 7
Concerts & Corporate Shows :
Wish I May; Marimar; Half Sisters; Yagit; Amaya; Kung Aagawin Ang Langit; Walang Tulugan; Eat Bulaga
1. Rumors and intrigues are synonymous to one’s chosen career. How do you cope up with rumors ?
I prefer not to listen to them and just surround myself with positive thoughts…happy thoughts
2. In your career as an artist --- be it in theater or film, how do you approach this craft as you prepare for it infront and / or behind the curtains/ camera ? What sort of processes do you undergo ?
Being with my inner self and getting in touch with the character, being the person in the story
3. What is that dream role of a lifetime ?
4. And who is your dream ‘ leading lady’ ?
For a musical, Lea Salonga…..
for a movie, Sarah Geronimo
5. Would you secretly want to become famous ?
Oh yes hahah
6. Are you competitive ?
hmm not really
7. If there were the brightest, what days or chapters in your career do you consider the darkest time or moments?
8. Do you ever doubt your instinct ?
I’d rather keep my faith
9. What is your divine decadence ? me time.
After work ? silence.
Stress buster ? a strong espresso shot.
Sunday Sweet Sunday ? family time 😊 biking with my brothers
10. For inspiration, who are your heroes ?
11. Each and every one have different passions and indulgences, so can you tell us what these are ?
To be able to perform whether on stage, tv or film
13. What music genre rests on your aural sense ? Calm music.
Books ? i don’t read much.
Magazines ? fashion and travel.
Films? Heart and Soul. Under the Tuscan Sun and Dead Poets Society
14. What makes you laugh ? mababaw aka eh, i could easily laugh
Cry ? I used to be a cry baby but not anymore.
15. What is your favorite fashion era? 80s .
And what are the things do you hate most in fashion? nothing really
16. Modern art or classical art ? Why ?
Classical art.. baroque in particular.. i want to live in that era
17. What is the ‘coolest’ place (city, tourist destination) you have been ?
18. How far will you go to get what you want ?
until my life ends
19. Where do you find the time for everything in your life ?
in the silence of my heart.
20. What is your idea of retirement ? Where ? Dream house ? Design and theme of the house ?
In an island with my special someone