|Virgin LabFest 9 photo|
This festival is a partnership project of the Writer’s Bloc, Inc., Tanghalang Pilipino, Inc. and the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
This year, the Virgin Labfest will choose twelve (12) new one-act plays.
The Virgin Labfest is open to submissions of the following written works:
1. one-act plays or short plays with a maximum running time of 40 minutes
2. All submitted works must NOT have previously been
- published in book form;
– staged commercially for more than two (2) performances (staged readings, one-time workshop productions are allowed);
– awarded any literary or drama recognition in competitions and the like
3. works may be in Filipino, English, Cebuano, Hiligaynon or Ilocano. (Cebuano, Hiligaynon and Ilocano works must have accompanying Filipino translations.)
The festival is open to various themes and genres.
Submission Deadline is on FEBRUARY 29, 2016
Submissions may be sent online:
1) in .doc or .pdf FORMAT ONLY to the following e-addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
2) hand-delivered or mailed (two hard copies) to CLOTILDE LUCERO or NIKKI TORRES
Performing Arts Department Upper Basement, Cultural Center of the Philippines, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City
Mailed deliveries should be postmarked on or before the submission deadline date. (February 29, 2016)
Submissions should indicate full name and contact address of the playwright.
We hope to hear from you!