My notes on The Boy Next Door
Movie Review by : Jason Javier
1. The first few scenes reminded me so much of Enough that this could actually have worked as a sequel to that other trashy guilty pleasure. I was surprised Ashley Judd didn't star in this one.
2. What happened to Kristin Chenoweth? Her unforgiving haircut and old vice-principal face was so far from the cutesy characters she played in Pushing Daisies and Wicked. She had the (relatively) best lines in the movie, though.
3. In one scene, J.Lo kept peeking at the naked young boy next door. Doesn't that make her the predator? Shouldn't this be The MILF Next Door?
4. A man went out on a date with J.Lo and he still kept looking at other women. Seriously? Is there any man (straight or otherwise) who will still have the nerve to look elsewhere if Jenny from the Block was seated right in front of him?
5. That sex scene. Ohmy. Worth the price of admission. Sorry not sorry. (FYI, Rob Cohen also directed The Fast and the Furious.)
6. I thought that I've seen the worst when John Travolta stabbed Uma Thurman's chest with a syringe in Pulp Fiction. And then I saw the epi pen scene in this movie. I almost fainted in my seat.
7. If anything, this movie should serve as a warning to ladies everywhere to check every nook and cranny for hidden cameras before engaging in hot, steamy sex. Unless you want to be the next (starlet name deleted due to cybercrime law).
8. The script was obviously written by a woman because the female teacher slept with her male student and the student was supposed to be the bad guy. In comparison, Starting Over Again was written by a woman and it was about a male teacher who slept with his female student and it was supposed to be romantic. Ladies, we need to talk.: