Ballet Philippines, the country’s premier classical and contemporary dance company proudly announced its 45th Anniversary
The weather was cool and breezy and the setting was very informal. Before sunset, a simple ceremony was led by BP’s president Ms. Margie Moran Floirendo. With the help of her magic wand, the huge red cloth which initially covered the entrance of the new ballet studio finally unveiled and revealed the cavernous space with the BP dancers in a tableau inviting everyone to come inside for the program proper.
Ms. Margie officially welcomed all the guests and shared a few pertinent information about BP’s new season productions, the newly opened BP Dance School at SM Aura and Studio One, the US and Canada tour, the participation of BP to the International Ballet Competitions in US and Bulgaria, and the fundraising projects spearheaded by the Ballet Philippines Alumni Association.
BP’s artistic director Paul Alexander Morales formally introduced the different productions punctuated with very interesting highlights for each and every show. He also acknowledged the presence of the artistic collaborators of the productions --- Aureaus Solito (MANHID), Dennis Marasigan (La Revolucion Filipina) and Redha Benteifour (Je Tu elle – Blue Moon Series).
Also present during the launch were distinguished alumni of Ballet Philippines led by co-founder Eddie Elejar, Nes Jardin, Annette Cruz-Mariano, Gina Katigbak-Garcia, Christine Maranan-Novales, Hazel Sabas, and Camille Ordinario-Joson.
Art patron Tessie Ojeda Luz, sculptor Ramon Orlina and Ballet Philippines board member Cora Dee-Corpus also graced the occasion.
The excerpts presented were as follows:
1. FIREFLIES - Bea Agustin, Jos Daniel Andes, Jos David Andes, Ana Graciela Andes, Jemimah Austria, Daniella Bondoc, Gianna Hervas, Hyo Sang Kwak, Maria Louisa Herminia Liong, Karla Santos, Jacqueline Mercado, Daphne Nicoleitte Ramos, Iliana Reyes. (CCP Dance School)
2. DIANA AND ACTEON GRAND PAS DE DEUX - Jemima Sanielle Reyes
3. CINDERELLA - Denise Parungao, Eugene Obille, Cyril Fallar, Edana Labitoria, Ma. Celina Dofitas
4. ESMERALDA VARIATION - Monica Amanda Gana
5. MANHID - “Nag-iisa” by Mark Grantos and “Tinik at Rosas” by Jojo Urquico
6. LA REVOLUCION FILIPINA - Earl John Arisola, Richardson Yadao, Erl Sorilla
7. JE TU ELLE (THE BLUE MOON SERIES) - Carissa Adea, Katherine Trofeo, Rita Winder, Edana Labitoria, Ma. Celina Dofitas.
Chona Reyes, BP’s marketing manager rallied the guests to support the season through corporate sponsorship, ticket subscription and donations.
BP’s publicist Toots Tolentino who acted as host, also helped moderate the open forum for the press.
Indeed, with the nods of approval and loud applause, the excitement has began because all of the productions will be held at the CCP Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (Main Theater).
Ballet Philippines - The 45th Anniversary Sapphire Season. Rare scenes of power and grace. Love, valour and redemption.
Cheers to 45 Years of Dance Excellence !